Wabbit Wanch Design

Created for iFCB and iVAMP Users
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:55 am 

I am trying to set up my FCB1010 2.3.12 to control Mainstage 2.2.2. using iFCB X 2.1.9 - I am not sure where I am going wrong - I have followed the Videos in YouTube to the letter but it is certainly not working. My set up is: Mac Book Pro running OSX 10.7.4, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R - I have cabled MIDI IN and MIDI out to and from FCB1010 and the M-Audio is connected to the laptop via USB. Should this configuration work? ... I have set up FCB1010 in Mac MIDI device application .. All works fine when setting up the volume pedal as per the video part 1, MAinstage in fact recognises the FCB1010, but none of the footswitches work as indicated to action sets and patch up and down or to activate playback and stompbox controls ...

The one problem I do identify is thet when I try to send i.e Sysex receive Mode I always get the warning message as per the attached image? Is this my problem. I go through the process outilined to suposedly do the set up but nothing seems to change and I continue to recieve this message. And as stated Mainstage will not respond as it does in the video?

BTW I have run the loopback test for my AI and all results are positive/ticked.

Thanks

Robin

Attachments:
File comment: Sysex Receive Mode notice
SYSEX RECEIVE  lr.jpg
SYSEX RECEIVE lr.jpg [ 222.71 KiB | Viewed 4774 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:30 am 
Site Admin

lancasterbomber wrote:
I am trying to set up my FCB1010 2.3.12 to control Mainstage 2.2.2. using iFCB X 2.1.9 - I am not sure where I am going wrong - I have followed the Videos in YouTube to the letter but it is certainly not working. My set up is: Mac Book Pro running OSX 10.7.4, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R - I have cabled MIDI IN and MIDI out to and from FCB1010 and the M-Audio is connected to the laptop via USB. Should this configuration work? ... I have set up FCB1010 in Mac MIDI device application .. All works fine when setting up the volume pedal as per the video part 1, MAinstage in fact recognises the FCB1010, but none of the footswitches work as indicated to action sets and patch up and down or to activate playback and stompbox controls ...

The one problem I do identify is thet when I try to send i.e Sysex receive Mode I always get the warning message as per the attached image? Is this my problem. I go through the process outilined to suposedly do the set up but nothing seems to change and I continue to recieve this message. And as stated Mainstage will not respond as it does in the video?

BTW I have run the loopback test for my AI and all results are positive/ticked.

Thanks

Robin

If your firmware on the FCB1010 is 2.3.12, you need to contact Behringer technical support via email and ask for the latest 2.5.1E firmware chip and update. 2.3 is fairly old and has bugs (actually so does 2.5.1E but we know the two of them). Behringer almost always provides the firmware chip upgrade for free.

In the YouTube videos, James is using the 2.5.1E firmware.

When the FCB1010 is running normally, it can NOT receive a SYSEX patch load. That's why you see the reminder message. You can send all the SYSEX you want and it will never get there since the FCB1010 will ignore it. The FCB1010 MUST be prepared to receive SYSEX and those are the steps required to set it up to do so.

When the #7 button is pressed (it says SYSEX RECV) it will light up. After you click SEND in iFCB and the FCB1010 receives the SYSEX, button #7 LED will turn off. That's the indicator you sent a SYSEX and the FCB1010 received it. Then you need to hold the DOWN button down for 5 seconds, the FCB1010 will count down from 09 to 00 (although on old firmware it may not) the FCB1010 will write the SYSEX data to it's memory to store it and will do a reset.

Mel